Destined for success at a very young age, Canadian driver and future motorsports star Marco Kacic is set to make the move from karts to cars.
February 14, 2003
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Marco started competing in the sport of kart racing in March of 2010 after two years of non-competitive practice. Honing his skills and getting comfortable with the speed of kart racing, Kacic entered his first events and was an instant achiever. Literally growing up at the race track due to his father’s involvement in motorsports and racing career, Marco’s family spent most of their time traveling through North America feeding their passion and chasing race results in a magnitude of racing programs.
Living and breathing the sport, Marco decided to follow in his father’s footsteps at the tender age of five when he started driving a “baby” kart. By age seven he was ready to step up to a cadet karting program to compete in his first season of competitive kart racing in 2010. From that point on, Kacic began to build his resume amassing race wins, podium results and championships along the way at the club, regional and international level. Competing abroad, Marco enjoyed joining Team Canada at international karting events and representing his country on the world stage. Not only did he display a tremendous passion for the sport of karting but also natural talent and the ability to be competitive in the world of kart racing. Enjoying speaking about his passion of karting to others, Marco is not your average racing driver, but more a talented marketing partner who is comfortable in his surroundings and has the talent to take his vehicles to the top step of the podium.
Follow the link below to support Marco Kacic
Racing’s 2019 Season!
Check out Marco’s feature on Global News to learn more.
- Joined Exclusive Autosport as a full-time driver in their F1600 program
Joined Exclusive Autosport as a development driver
West Coast Kart Club Champion
- Winner in Tucson and Phoenix at the Challenge of the Americas Phoenix race
- Challenge of the Americas Vice Champion
- Selected by CRG Kart to be a factory driver
- Winner of the Challenge of the Americas Phoenix race
- 3rd in the Challenge of the Americas
- Won a ticket to represent Canada at the world finals at the Western Canadian Championships
- Won a second ticket to represent Canada at the World Finals at the Can-Am Karting Challenge
- Qualified 9th and finished 13th at the karting World Championships
- West Coast Kart Club Vice Champion
- Track record at Greg Moore Raceway (short track)
- 16 out of 17 podium finishes. 9 race wins
- West Coast Kart Club Rookie of the Year
- Track record at Mission Raceway Park
The future for Marco Kacic started a year ago when he signed a much sought after agreement with Exclusive Autosport to become the team’s test and development driver for the 2017 season. With his sights set on the F1600 program in both the United States and Canada, Kacic spent numerous days behind the wheel running countless laps, not only helping the team develop the car, but also develop his racing skills.
Setting his sights on race wins and the championship in his rookie season, Marco Kacic’s goal of climbing the motorsports ladder has started and the though it is a long way to the top, he and his team are committed to success and will strive for perfection.
Support Marco’s 2019 Season!